Purl in Blueprint Magazine!

blueprintbed.jpg
blueprint_cover.jpgWe are very excited about the May/June issue of Blueprint, which arrives on newsstands this week!  Blueprint is a new magazine from the creative minds that brought us Martha Stewart Living.  It's all about style for your creative life, from your wardrobe to your home.  In A Handmade Tale, Joelle shares her experience as an artist and entrepreneur, from opening three successful shops in three years to renovating her craft room in her own home.  Gifted photographer Anna Williams (who also photographed Last Minute Knitted Gifts and Joelle's forthcoming Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts) captured the pretty details of Joelle's apartment, including the quilt on her bed, above.

Blueprint offers the free pattern for Joelle's quilt on their website!

blueprintshelves.jpg

Joelle called on her friends at Piano Nobile and Brooklyn Design and Fabrication, the team that built Purl Patchwork, to turn their attention to her home office and craft room. This well-used studio holds a wealth of yarn, fabric, and projects-in-progress, including her Triangle Quilt, pictured above. You can read all about it in the article, so check it out!

Also, don't miss Blueprint's brand new blog, Bluelines. Their every-changing banner features fat quarters from Purl Patchwork!

bluelinesbanner.jpg

14 Responses to Purl in Blueprint Magazine!

1. amandajean says:

I love that quilt! It is fabulous. thanks for the link to the pattern. I am considering doing something like this for a quilt back.

2. Miss Sassy says:

Yay! Read the article this week already. Gorgeous quilt. Congratulations!

3. kate says:

FUN! Thanks for telling us! I LOVE you guys!

4. clarice says:

Oh how exciting. I will go get my copy. I am so glad they are focusing on creative wonderful businesses like yours. Clarice

5. Fern says:

Congrats! I can’t wait to read the article. Is there a photo of the quilt viewed from above so that we can visualize how the quilt is supposed to come together?

6. Erin says:

I was so thrilled to see this article when I opened up the magazine. This was the best issue they’ve had yet, in my opinion. I was wondering about the Bento Box quilt that’s pictured, draped over a chair, in the article. I can’t see it very well in the photo, and I’m curious about what fabrics were used in this one. Are they solids?

7. blair says:

Can I even begin to tell you how much I loved this piece on Joelle’s home?! My Blueprint arrived last week and I think I have peeked in on this spread and all of its beautiful inspiration almost every day since. Truly a lovingly made handmade space.

8. Jennifer says:

I LOVED this article in Blueprint. Joelle, thank you so much for inviting us into your lovely home. It was such a treat! I am sure it will be a wonderful home for you and your new daughter.

9. SJ says:

Thank you so much for introducing what appears to be a great find! I hadn’t heard of the magazine but now might just have to pick up a copy.

10. congratulations!! soooo exciting…cant wait for it..

11. liz elayne says:

just picked up my copy today and i can’t wait to check it out!

12. Debbie says:

I picked up the issue at Costco yesterday and received my order of fabric from you on the same day! Hooray!

13. abbyjane says:

I sat and looked for a long time at all your beautiful pieces by Tamar Mogendorff. So lovely!

14. Tara says:

Bought mine last week — great article!