Book Signing Event for Mason-Dixon Knitting: Outside the Lines at Purl!

If you're a knitter you have probably already seen or heard about the release of Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne's newest book, Mason-Dixon Knitting: Outside The Lines.  If you live in New York City or are planning a visit on Friday, October 17, be sure to head over to Sullivan Street because we're hosting a book signing with these two knitting superstars!  From 5:30 to 7:00 pm you'll have the opportunity to meet and talk with Kay and Ann, view samples, and get a signed copy of this awesome new book, the long-awaited sequel to 2006's Mason-Dixon: The Curious Knitter's Guide.  You can find us at 137 Sullivan Street in NYC, click here for a map to our store.

The Mason-Dixon story started with the creation of a blog, masondixonknitting.com.  Heralded as "The Nation's Leading Bi-Regional Knitting Blog" by Ann's husband, Mason-Dixon Knitting began as a correspondence between these two friends who live miles apart (Kay in our Manhattan; Ann in Nashville) dedicated to their respective knitting endeavors.  Then came the first book,  which became an instant favorite of ours and everyone else's too!  Now they're back with a whole new collection of patterns, stories, confessions, and of course laughs; their specialty.

Kay and Ann have a knitting pattern for just about anything (even cozies for paper lanterns and mop heads covers), so much that when a customer at Purl comes in and says, "I need a pattern for a fill in the blank," we pull their book off the shelf saying,"Oh, Mason-Dixon has a really nice one of those!"  So be sure to come by this week and check it out for yourselves.  It's going to be a really good time!

9 Responses to Book Signing Event for Mason-Dixon Knitting: Outside the Lines at Purl!

1. Lalli says:

Hi, I just bought your book “Patchwork and Quilted gifts” yesterday. The book is really good with lot of information and really good gift ideas. :)

2. Marisa says:

Boo! I wanna come! How come you NYC folks have all the fun. When’s Purl San Francisco going to open? ;)

3. Judy says:

I just bought that book and it’s wonderful. I wish I lived closer to be able to go to the book signing.

4. Lalli says:

Hi, I just bought your book "Patchwork and Quilted gifts" yesterday. The book is really good with lot of information and really good gift ideas. :)

5. Marisa says:

6. Spare Ribbon says:

They never have book signings in my area.

7. Dewdrop says:

I agree with Marisa – how about a Purl for us west coast chicas. I’d love to be able to take some of the great classes you guys offer.

8. Beth says:

I have admired your ad in several magazines. One of my dearest sewing buddies and I are bringing our daughters to NYC for Christmas. We’ll be stopping by your store! I can’t wait!!!

9. kay says:

I wish that I didn’t live so far away. Love the book!