NYC Yarn Crawl Winners!

We'd like to thank everyone who made it out to the first annual NYC Yarn Crawl! Thanks to you it was a smashing success! It was so much fun to see old friends and meet new friends too. It's truly inspiring to see all of the enthusiastic knitters out there - people of all ages from all around the world! We feel so lucky to have such vibrant and creative customers.

One of the most exciting parts of the Crawl at Purl were our raffles! We gave away some great prizes to some great folks. Here is a list of the winners and what they won (they've been notified and are all very excited!)... drum roll please.....

Joelle's Giant Granny Square

Joelle's Giant Granny Square Blanket is a perennial favorite Purl Bee project. It's easy enough for even the most novice crocheter and it makes a simply stunning blanket. Congratulations to Jane N. from New York for winning this colorful set!

Whit's Knits Socks for Giving

Whit's Socks for Giving are quick to make and soft and warm to wear. Congratulations to Tina D. from NY for winning this cozy project!

Jen's Shimmer Scarf

Jen's Shimmer Scarf is so elegant! Best of all the pretty zig zag lace pattern isn't as hard as it looks! Congratulations to Michelle W. of New York for winning this pretty prize!

Blue Sky Polka Dot Hat and Mittens

This set was generously donated by our friends at Blue Sky Alpacas. It is totally adorable and since it's made with the ultra luxurious Blue Sky Suri Merino it's totally wearable. Congratulations to Brandi T. from New York for winning this cute set!

Spud & Chole Flap Hat

This darling prize was donated by the lovely people at Spud & Chloe.  The hat is as fun to make as it is to wear and the Spud & Chloe Sweater yarn is soft and washable making this a very kid friendly hat! Congratulations to Andrea K. of Massachusetts for winning this cheerful prize!

In addition to these great prizes we also gave away Purl Tote  to everyone who made a purchase of any size, so hopefully everyone came away feeling like winners!

Thanks again to everyone who made this such a special event... we hope to see you again next year!

11 Responses to NYC Yarn Crawl Winners!

1. Sabine says:

Oh, that´s so sad that I have missed the event but I´m flying to NY tomorrow and then I will come into your shop as soon as possible. can´t wait!!
    Many greetings
    Sabine

2. Rebecca says:

Thanks Purl! I do feel like a winner! You are totally my favorite yarn shop in NYC! The staff is always super helpful and nice. I really appreciate the way everything is displayed so you can see all the beautiful colors – very inspiring. I hope the nice guy who helped me on Monday and worked all 4 days of the crawl has had a good rest!

3. Heidi says:

Congrats winners!

Thanks to everyone at Purl, you guys really have the best yarn shop in NYC, you were the highlight of our crawl experience. :O) See you soon!

4. Sabine says:

Oh, thats so sad that I have missed the event but Im flying to NY tomorrow and then I will come into your shop as soon as possible. cant wait!!
    Many greetings
    Sabine

5. abbie says:

ohhh, great prizes…I wish I was in NYC.

6. kaitlin says:

Ever so very lovely prizes. To be honest, I came to NYC last weekend, not knowing about the yarn crawl, and I could not have been more delighted in checking out your store. It might just be my favourite shoppe in NYC :)

Thanks guys!

7. Rebecca says:

8. FloJo says:

Wow – from the comments, your shop is definitely going to be on my itinerary on my next trip to New York!
    We have a couple of fairly good shops on O’ahu based on (1) friendliness and helpfulness of the owner/staff and (2) the yarns available, but it sounds like you have THE shop to experience!

9. Jessica says:

It was great to visit purl during the yarn crawl! You have a great shop and I hope I’ll make it back next year :0)

10. yvette says:

i was visiting ny for the weekend from minneapolis and was so happy to finally visit purl! what a cute little shop. and i was so happy to get a sweet tote bag.

11. Sandra says:

When is the next yarn crawl?