SnoBuddy Family from Knitting at KNoon

These snowmen may be the cutest project I've ever completed. The pattern is from the creative minds at Knitting at KNoon, and is called The SnoBuddy Family

The snowmen were super quick and easy to make, and it was so fun to make their little tiny accessories. The tiny scarves for the mom and dad were done in no time and made my Snobuddy family come to life!

I think my favorite accessory to make was the little boy snowman's gloves.  I'm not sure what made this particular part was so gratifying, but it may have something to do with the finished product, could it be any cuter?

To make my entire SnoBuddy family I used just one skein of Blue Sky Alpaca's Suri Merino, a super soft, slightly fuzzy yarn that reminded me of a freshly fallen snow (but any soft white worsted or aran weight yarn will work for the pattern). For needles I used Crystal Palace double pointed US size 6 bamboo needles. For their accessories, I went into my stash and found some scraps in the same gauge as the Suri Merino to ensure that the hats, scarfs and gloves would fit.

You can find the SnoBuddy Family pattern from KNitting at Knoon right here!

I hope you'll enjoy making these snowmen as much as I did! --Jen

26 Responses to SnoBuddy Family from Knitting at KNoon

1. Jennifer says:

Those are so cute, I really love the little girl’s bonnet.

2. Ghana says:

OK, I am not goint to look at these anymore because I will want to make them and I have too many projects going already.

SO ADORABLE.

Keep the temptation coming Purl Bee!

3. there are very very lovely!!!
    superb!!!!

4. Roxanne says:

These make me giggle. Love them.

5. yvette says:

CUTE!

6. banu says:

Lovely and so sweet, I am going to share these at my blog with your link…

7. abbie says:

oh my gosh, these are soo cute! I can’t wait for the first snowflakes in the air now…thanks.

8. denise (chez danisse) says:

adorable! the little noses are the best!

9. Katie says:

These are really so adorable. I wish my knitting skills were up to snuff!

10. Petit Filoux says:

Don’t think I’ve seen anything as cute for a loooooonnngg time – they’re absolutely gorgeous!!!

11. Waouhhh :) very very very nice! It’s very beautiful!

12. Lucia says:

No, they couldn’t be any cuter!!!!!
    I love those gloves too!!!!!

13. Super cute! My kids would just love them!

14. biancifiore says:

oh! very very lovely! the one with gloves is fantastic!
    and congrats for your very beautiful blog!

15. andreacreates.blogspot.com says:

Hi Jen-
    These are so cute- thanks for the tutorial- It seems like the accessories would be a great way to use up some of the little leftovers I have :)

16. adorable! the little noses are the best!

17. lisa grant says:

These would make great ornaments as well!

18. julia says:

These are adorable – I feel like I NEED to make these. LOVE!

19. Whenever i see the post like your’s i feel that there are still helpful people who share information for the help of others, it must be helpful for other’s. thanx and good job.

20. Wonderful blog, i recently come to your blog through Google excellent knowledge keep on posting you guys.

21. What a pretty familiy it is.. What I liked the most is the small child with pink hat. It is obviously visible it is made with care. :)

22. Vana says:

wow! i'd like to learn how to knot and sew and when i'm ready,i hope i can make them for my little sister.They're so beautiful! :-)

23. Ann Jones says:

Problem solved! Thank you RAVELRY! Found the the pattern on Ravelry in PDF and it is now downloaded, printed and tucked safely into my Knitting File on my computer!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ann

24. Ann Jones says:

I would like the SnoBuddy family pattern from Knitting at Knoon but need it right away! I need to knit it and mail in to Toronto and Austin TX by Christmas (I live in Nova Scotia). I made a family of these for my daughter and son and their families of 3 two Christmases ago. Not we have 2 new grandchildren – 1 each and I have lost the pattern! Can't find it anywhere. I can buy it from Pearl Soho but they only have it in print to mail not as a PDF. How can I get this patter on-line – most willing to pay for it however. Can anyone help?
    Ann