We're excited to announce a fun event being held by our friends at Martha Stewart (along with sewing machine companies Singer, Husqvarna Viking, and Pfaff).  In celebration of their new book, Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts, they are having a festive gathering of sewists called Stitch Fest and you're all invited!

Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing & Fabric Crafts Launch

Starrett-Lehigh Building, 601 West 26th Street, NYC

Thursday, April 01, 2010 6:00 – 9:00 PM

$30 admission to the Stitch Fest includes your own copy of Martha's new book, plus cocktails and treats. The fun-filled evening will showcase a wide array of creative projects straight from the Encyclopedia's pages - from fabric crafts and easy sewing projects to embroidery, dyeing, and appliqué demonstrations.

$200 includes admission to Stitch Fest, PLUS Tote Bag 101- the evening's hands-on Introductory Sewing Workshop (taught by one of Martha's favorite sewing instructors!). Bring home the custom tote bag you make in class, Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts, a pair of Martha Stewart Crafts Scissors, AND the Singer sewing machine you learned on! All materials included. Sewing Workshop seats are limited!

Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.  We hope to see you there!

Here are some images of a few of the super cute projects in the book.

Shell Printed Sheets

Summer Sarong

Baby Shoes

We think this event is going to be so great because Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts is sure to become a classic.  This book is covers a very wide range of techniques and is very well explained.  It includes beautiful illustrations and photography that clearly guide you through all kinds of sewing techniques, from applique to quilting, to how to cut a straight line.  It also includes 150 beautiful projects with full patterns and instructions like the adorable baby shoes above.

As a special treat for Purl Bee readers Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia is sharing this adorable pattern for Heart Shaped Potholders. We think these would make perfect housewarming gifts!  To find the complete pattern, please click here

The book will be released on March 30, 2010, if you'd like to pre-order a copy from us you can do that right here, or if you'd like to read more about the book you can find it on Martha's website right here. Happy Sewing! --The Purl Bee

17 Responses to Announcement: Martha Stewart’s Encyclopedia of Sewing & Fabric Crafts Launch Party and Free Heart Shaped Potholder Pattern!

1. Marni says:

Reading the posts above: I really AM moving to Manhattan (on Monday!!), and DID just sign up for the Stitch Fest!! I hope to meet some really nice new neighbors! Thank you for the event!

2. siona says:

¡un gran libro! gracias por la información,
    un abrazo,
    SIONA

3. steph says:

This book looks wonderful ! I love Martha. The Encyclopedia of Crafts book is great too.

4. Jackie says:

Yay! Thanks for the post, just bought my tickets!

5. Bookaholic says:

OK, you make me want to live in New York. :)

6. siona says:

un gran libro! gracias por la informacin,
    un abrazo,
    SIONA

7. brandeye says:

this book is going to be wonderful! i really wish i was closer, or it was on a weekend so i could go to this event.

8. AmandaBoo says:

Another reason to pack up and move to New York. Sounds like so much fun, I wish there was a similar kind of show on the West Coast!

9. jennifer says:

of course this is happening during the one week we are out of town! maybe worth canceling vacation for…

10. Mandy says:

Aaarrggg I really want to go to this, but it’s just not that easy to get to when you live overseas. I sure hope that someone posts LOTS of pics from the event. I can’t wait for the new book!

11. Neo says:

Hi, it sounds exciting! But is it possible as to I know in advance that which model of the sewing machine I can bring back home? And i didn’t find the link for the ticket purchase for $200, (the link is available for only $30 ticket) but can I book the ticket through your store?

12. Lila Ferraro says:

Woo hoo! Martha DOES know everything! Love those booties! So cute!
    Lila Ferraro

13. Thank you, again, Purl Bee, for keeping us posted on Martha! I was able to go to her sewing show thanks to you, and now this! Yes, I plan on trudging down as long as work doesn’t keep me here. You are awesome!

14. Lila Ferraro says:

Woo hoo! Martha DOES know everything! Love those booties! So cute!
    Lila Ferraro

15. badecca says:

thanks for the tip! just signed up – can’t wait!

16. Michelle says:

Oh, how I wish! But I am nowhere near NYC! What a great event!

17. WHATUPDUCK says:

I’ll have to buy the book JUST for those baby shoes. They are fabulous and nothing about them looks handmade!! Love your website, BTW!!