More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts is Here!

Last week we shared a preview of our latest book, More Last-Minute Gifts, and let you know it was on its way to our warehouse.  We are so pleased to announce that the book has arrived!  You can order a copy of More Last-Minute Gifts (and request a signed copy if you so desire) right here.  You can check out our preview of projects from the book right here

Happy Knitting! --The Purl Bee

39 Responses to More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts is Here!

1. Taryn Oakley says:

I LOVE this book as well but also have a question… I just started the baby bonnet, and have made the strap 7inches and now I need to pick up and knit 6 stitches from the left hand side just below the needle…. I am unsure of how to do this.I have only picked up and knit stitches from a bound-off piece of work before, and am clueless how to do it when you already have stitches on the needle. I am also not sure exactly where to pick them up from… Maybe this is too difficult to explain via email, but I would love some help with this! Thanks!!

2. Marybeth says:

Hi,

Thanks for the help with the sachet. I have made three now and love them. I have started knitting the "Soft Baskets" project with the lovely blue sky yarn and I'm confused. I can't find a pattern correction online, so I must be doing something wrong. I am making the largest size, and so I cast on 28 stitches. When it was time to do so, I cast on 13 more stitches with the cable cast-on method. I then had 41 stitches on the needles. My question is: why does the pattern say I should have 54 stitches?

Thanks so much for your help!

Marybeth

3. courtney says:

mmmm i asked my husband if he'd buy me this for our upcoming anniversary. i've already read some great reviews!!!! <3

4. Tayla B says:

Just saw this at the book store! :)

5. Barbara says:

Oh my, where to begin? The dear little hug and kiss vests? the citron blanket? or perhaps those adorable cardigans?
    Thank you, Joelle, for a beautiful book to inspire and delight …

6. Vanessa says:

I love all the projects featured in this new book! A must have for me. I have the first book as well.

7. Carrie says:

I can't wait to check out this book!! I made a bunch of the projects from the last book and they turned out beautifully!

8. Christina says:

I can't wait for this!

9. Sarah S says:

Oh, goodness this is exciting! Love the first book, and the photography and styling of this new one is to die for. Perfect time to start thinking about knitting again with the promise of cooler weather. Congrats to you! What a wonderful accomplishment.

10. Naomi says:

This is a wonderful book with GREAT patterns. Please link up the patterns on RAVELRY!!!

11. Olof says:

Very inspiring! Beautiful projects.

12. Ivete says:

The new book looks gorgeous, I'll be dropping by the store soon to check it out for sure!

13. andreacreates.blogspot.com says:

Can't wait to see this book in person! Lokks like it has some great projects : )

14. Petra says:

This is truly a lovely book! I was lucky enough to snag a fresh copy last week when visiting the store.

15. Lauren says:

Can't wait to read! I have the first Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Joelle is so talented!

16. Marybeth says:

I can't wait to purchase this book. I love knitting from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I'll be in the City tomorrow and hope to stop by the store.

17. courtney says:

i was the first to post under this thread, and i am very happy to announce that the hubs did indeed gift me this amazing book! i can't keep my hands off of it! those bowls are first on my list. thank you so much for sharing your passion and talent with the rest of us <3
    p.s. the additional gauge patterns are simply brilliant

18. Kirsten says:

I can't wait to get my hands on this book! I just blogged about it, in fact:

Congrats on its publication!

19. Stacey says:

I got the new book as a birthday present for myself. So many wonderful patterns! Love it! I'll be making the hat on the cover for sure. Also going to have to do some of the fingerless mitts – my go-to gift item. Of course, a cowl for my mom…..

20. Marina Rikker says:

Love the book and i have made 4 projects. however, i am having problems with the instructions on the pyramid sachet Help………………….

21. Kty says:

Yeah!!! I've got it ! If you live in France (like me), you can order it on Amazon and the book arrives… 3 days later ! Isn't it great ?

Hi Marina-

We'd be happy to help. Can you let us know what specifically you're having trouble with in the pattern?

Thanks!- Molly

23. Marybeth says:

I also need help with the pyramid sachet. Love this book. I made a couple of the coffee cup cozies for birthday presents for coworkers and gave with a latte. I just need some help with the sachet–confused about when to use dpns/when to knit flat. The pattern doesn't seem to specify about dpns and joining in the round or sewing to shape. It could just be me, but I am very confused…

Hi Marybeth,
    The whole sachet is knit flat until the very last rows, but it is knit on the double points. You need the double points since you are doing a double knitting technique. At the very end you will knit in the round after separating the two layers.
    Hope this helps!
    Joelle

25. Marybeth says:

Oh, okay–I had never even heard of the double knitting technique, but I've found a video online demonstrating it. I'm going to give it a try now. Thank you so much!

26. Kirsten says:

I am also having trouble with the Pyramid Sachet. (Thank the lord for this website!) I thought I could watch YouTube's demonstrating the double-knitting pattern, but I still have some Q's. So– I am wondering:
    1st: The pattern never mentions using more than one color. Everything I've found about double-knitting uses 2 colors. Will there be a problem here? (wouldn't think so, since it seems a big thing to leave out…)
    2nd: The double-knitting videos have all said to purl (what would be the 2nd color), but the book's pattern seems to replace the purling with that slip 1. And the book doesn't specify to slip purlwise or knitwise… ?!?

Any help is so very much appreciated! Thank you!

27. Kirsten says:

A little update: My 1st two questions remain, but I've carried on, slipping purlwise as that makes the most sense to me, But now I've found that all of my slips are piling up. Is this correct? Based on the row sequence, I should be knitting my slips and slipping my knits, but somehow this is happening. So did I mess up or is this right?

Thanks again! (Sorry, I'm a pretty beginner knitter :/)

Hi Kirsten,
    Your slips should not be piling up.

You are always starting with k1 and ending with slip one so you should be knitting the slips from the previous row, and slipping the knits.

Don't forget to bring the yarn forward before the slip and back after the slip.

In any pattern, always slip as if to purl unless the pattern specifies otherwise.

Double knitting with one color is fine.

You should end up with a fabric that is double layered, and knit on the outside (it should look like a square before you separate the layers).

Please let me know if you need any more help! –Joelle

29. Kirsten says:

Ok! Thank you so much! I'll retry and see what happens. I just might have to let you know…. hopefully not though :) P.S. If you are the author of the book Joelle, thank you for your wonderful creations and sharing them! I cannot say enough how much I appreciate such an eye in putting together a beautiful book, choosing a great photographer, and the colors you do. I feel so lucky to sit down with a book that makes me feel inspired and happy.

30. Cassie says:

Hi, I am working on the sachet and I've knitting to the 2 3/4 length in double knit. I've place the stitches on 2 dpn's (front needle and back needle). My troubles begin at the next step. K7 onto new DPN (needle1) and so forth. Do I go back to the ws row to start knitting these? Or am I just moving them from the front needles to the new needles?

31. Merilyn Tilley says:

My son bought me this beautiful book along with yarn for the VERY PRETTY SCARF saying his girl friend would love it…I took the hint and started right in. 75 stitches on a 16 in #7 would not close the loop, even an 8 in #7 would knit together. After several starts I am on 16in #9 with around 125 stitches. My LYS suggested knitting it flat and sewing it together but I really wanted to knit it as described in a loop. Now I am hoping it will look right. Any ideas or corrections on this scarf?

32. Merilyn says:

I left out an important 'not' in my last post, so sorry for any confusion. I meant to say that even using an 8 inch #7 I could not close the circle. When I added 10 more stitches and finally did have a circle it felt as if I were knitting on a bangle bracelet. I love the idea of a tube scarf, just not happy with getting started.

Hi Merilyn,
    I just went through all of my original notes from this pattern to make sure there isn't a typo anywhere, and 75 stitches on a 16-inch circular is definitely what I used for the project. So, I have a few questions/thoughts for you that might help out:

-make sure your 16-inch needles measure 16-inches from tip of needle to tip of needle (not just the cord)

- are you using the yarn recommended in the pattern? If the yarn you are using is thinner you may run into problems there.

- be sure you cast on loosely, the stitches should move easily around the needles.

Please let me know if this helps or not, or if you still have questions.
    Best wishes,
    Joelle

34. Kathy says:

I share Cassie's Dec. 17 question. Once the 2 layers are separated, is the redistribution achieved by simply moving 7 knit stitches from the front needle onto Needle 1, etc. Or does one actually knit those 7 stitches onto Needle 1? If the latter, I have trouble getting the working yarn into the right position once I am ready to k7 from the back needle onto Needle 2. Thanks for the clever design. I have fresh lavender standing by.

Hi Kathy,
    You are meant to knit the stitches on, but if the yarn is not in the right place for you just slip them on. Hope this helps, please let us know if it doesn't!

36. Tiffanie says:

I've just started the Big Lace Scarf, and I seem to be misunderstanding something about the pattern. The repeating part of the first row, the *k3, yo, sk2p, yo*, appears to me to be "using" eight stitches, so once I do it twice, I have three stitches left in the row (counting the initial knit before starting the repeating pattern). I thought the repeating pattern would be a multiple of six, not eight. What am I doing wrong?

(FYI, I'm reading sk2p as slip knitwise, knit two together, slip the first stitch back over the knitted stitch).

Thanks for any assistance you can offer! I feel so silly, everyone on the web says it's such an easy pattern!

Hi Tiffanie,
    Don't feel silly! This is how you learn :)

It is only 6 stitches, because you shouldn't be using any stitches for the yo's. I think maybe you're knitting a stitch when you're doing the yo? All you should be doing for the yo is putting the yarn over the right hand needle, no knitting required for that stitch.

Here is a link to knittinghelp.com, to their increases page, scroll down to the bottom right to watch the video on yo's to see if that's the problem:

You've got the Sk2p correct.

Hope this helps!
    Joelle

38. Tiffanie says:

You are exactly correct — it is the YO that tripped me up. When I learned YO, I always did a stitch immediately afterward, so I must have conflated the two steps into one idea. :-) Thanks!

Hi Taryn-

You can pick up these stitches by inserting the needle into the garter stitch ridge on the end of each row and knitting into it. As long as you do it the same for each row it will look good.

Thanks for the comment and good luck!