More than two years ago Whitney designed our Super Easy Baby Blanket, and to this day it remains one of The Purl Bee’s most popular patterns. Customers love its simplicity, “super easy” means super easy!
People also love its modern, graphic sensibility, something that can often be hard to find in the world of hand knit baby blankets. We love it for its invitation to play with Alchemy’s amazingly beautiful palette of colors. We’re excited to tell you that The Super Easy Baby Blanket just got even easier because it is now available as a beautiful kit in nine different colorways! We are especially grateful to Gina and Austin of Alchemy Yarns who helped us to make this kit a reality by creating the yarn and hand dying the colors specifically for each kit.
Because Alchemy’s Temple comes in so many gorgeous colors, picking just seven that work together can be a little overwhelming, especially if you’re shopping online. So, to help you out, Joelle and Page put their color senses together to come up with nine beautiful combinations. They mused over each color; they tried hundreds of configurations; they debated this red over that red; they worked deep into the night, and they loved every minute of it!
The nine palettes Joelle and Page developed, starting in the upper left corner and reading each row from left to right, are: Pepper, Dahlia, and Rugby; Foxglove, River Rocks and Moss; and Meadow, Ocean and Thistle.
Each kit includes:
- Seven skeins of Alchemy’s Temple, 100% superfine merino, hand dyed especially for this kit, and, yes!, machine washable.
- A high quality, full color, printed version of the Super Easy Baby Blanket pattern.
- A Shout Color Catcher (use it the first time you wash your blanket, and it will safely prevent the hand dyed colors from running into each other).
- All this arrives in an attractive, sturdy box that makes the kit itself a great gift!
You will also need a 24 or 32 inch long US size #7 circular needle, or size required by you to achieve the correct gauge (5 stitches per inch).
- You can shop for Super Easy Baby Blankets Kits right here.
- And you can view the free original pattern (with a few minor updates) right here.