The Twenty Minute Tote with Kokka Apples

This Winter has been absolutely brutal almost everywhere across the country. New York City is cold, icy and covered in dirty snow drifts.  Everyone seems to be wearing colors as dreary as the weather, thick black coats, gray scarves, navy blue mittens, it's so depressing!  So on a recent chilly day we decided we needed to make something quick and colorful to fight off the winter blahs.

There is nothing quicker or more satisfying than a tote bag so we decided to revisit my Twenty Minute Tote from last year and update it with cheerful colors and new prints. We recently got in Kokka Fabric's Apples collection, a Japanese upholstery weight cotton printed in fun, jelly-bean bright colors. Just looking at these happy prints makes us feel a little warmer so we knew we had to use them. We also picked out some matching Cotton Webbing, which is strong and colorful and makes the bags look so finished and professional.

These totes really do come together in 20 minutes a piece which makes them a great, quick, way to add a little Springtime color and excitement into the dull end of Winter months. To make your own bag you'll need:

If you'd like to try it out please visit my Twenty Minute Tote journal here. Thanks-- Molly

12 Responses to The Twenty Minute Tote with Kokka Apples

1. michele says:

Magnifico!

2. Anne says:

Those are adorable! Love the bright colors! I really need to try this… :)

3. Penelope says:

What delicious colours, I love the green xox

4. sewa mobil says:

Very nice, thanks.

5. Ann says:

I made the twenty minute bags this summer when you featured them. I really love the way they look and truly they only take twenty minutes.

6. Simi says:

These are so bright and pretty. Thanks for putting some color in my day.

7. Graziella says:

These are so cute! I'm looking at a future weekend project :)

8. I like the green one. Very refreshing.

Thank your for your handcrafts. I've come to the point of establishing a simple business like this one. There are lots of ideas that I could get from you. The totes are really nice and colorful.

To “Help for Families”

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

We're so happy to hear that we've inspired you and wish you good luck with your business but just wanted to point out that our patterns and ideas are all copyrighted and not to be produced for resale.

Again, thanks so much for the comment and good luck!

To "Help for Families"

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Again, thanks so much for the comment and good luck!

11. ambam says:

Could I use one of these photos on my blog? I want to link it back to this post to show what project I'm starting next. Thanks

Hi Amber,
    Yes! You may use one of the photos on your blog as long as you credit us and link back to our story for the directions etc. Thanks so much for asking!
    Enjoy!