Meet Prints Charming from Australia at Purl Soho!

How do they do that? Find out all the tricks when the super talented duo from Prints Charming comes to Purl Soho! Join us for a one evening workshop where you will meet Cath Derksema and Kristen Junor and discover just exactly how they make their whimsically embroidered linen creations.

You will learn how Cath and Kristen combine basic stitches with a variety of thread types to create Prints Charming's signature playful modern style. You'll be treated to a fascinating demonstration of their untraditional free form embroidery approach, and finally, you will try your own hand at creating your very own interpretive embroidery masterpiece! Plus, be the first to see Prints Charming's new line of hand screened fabrics, 'Daisy Chain' by Kokka.

Sign up now! You won't want to miss this rare opportunity to work with these stitching vixens from down under. The Prints Charming workshop takes place at Purl Soho on Tuesday, October 11th, from 5:30pm to 8pmWe can't wait to see you!

17 Responses to Meet Prints Charming from Australia at Purl Soho!

1. Sami K says:

I won't be back in NYC until Thanksgiving; otherwise, wild elephants couldn't keep me away from this workshop!

2. The birdie is sooo cute! I'd love to fly over the ocean and attend the workshop! Will there be a tutorial for us poor people not able to come? Please, oh please… :)

3. LOU says:

wow. i wish i was near enough to come to the workshop. that is amazing art!

4. Wooooow that is so amazing and lovely! I totally want to look into this!

- Sarah

5. jill says:

this would be so cute on a christmas stocking! here's a second request for some tutorials!

6. Monica says:

That does it. I need to move within walking/driving distance of your store.

7. Dana says:

Those are beautiful! I wish I lived closer to NY so I could come and visit the store and go to this workshop!!

8. Gosh, this work is so cute it almost hurts to look at :) Almost! I'm so inspired and would love tutorials for all of us on the west coast (and elsewhere!). Love, love.

9. Momma Megan says:

I could embroider all day! I love these birds and was just looking for a new project. Is there a pattern?

10. Jill J. says:

Is this bird pattern available for purchase? It is wonderful! I'd love to see a tutorial!

11. Jesse Lu says:

These are fantastic.I wish I could just hop over to New York for the workshop. It will be a blast, I'm sure.

12. Erica says:

Love those birds…it's a shame I don't live in NY so I could attend.

13. Katie says:

Love Prints Charming, i have their screen printing book. Would love to see a tutorial of their embroidery.

14. Proje Çantası says:

I love it all!

15. Proje antas says:

I love it all!

16. Ashley says:

Any possibility of online workshops?

Hi Asley-

Unfortunately we don't have the capacity to do online workshops at the moment but thanks so much for your interest.