A New Simple Pleasures Hat

It was almost four years ago when Whitney wowed us with her Simple Pleasures Hat. There are a few projects from the Bee that every single person at the shop just HAS to make. This is one of them! As soon as fall breezes in, we reach for our Simple Pleasures Hats, grinning as we all arrive to work in our matching knitwear. It's just too good a pattern to pass up, a dream to knit and even better to wear!

For this season, we've knit up a fresh, cloud-like version in elegant creams and super soft cashmere. We started with two strands of Jade Sapphire's beautifully soft and cozy 2 Ply Cashmere. After a few inches of ribbing, we added a strand of Alchemy's mohair and silk Haiku. This gorgeous combination of hand dyed fibers makes for complex plays of pigment and texture with a subtle luster, a downy halo, and a spectacular depth of color!

Like every autumn, I am sure there will be a lot of new Simple Pleasures Hats around the shop. Come surprise us with yours!

To make this version of this hat, you will need the following materials. Please note, the needles are smaller than in the original pattern. Over the years, thanks to the feedback of our wonderful readers, we found that dropping down a couple of needle sizes is a good idea. Cashmere blooms quite a bit with wear, so at first, the 14 1/2-inch circumference may seem a bit small, but after a wear or two, it will feel just right!

For both this full pattern and the original Simple Pleasures Hat pattern, click here! --Laura

8 Responses to A New Simple Pleasures Hat

1. Krista says:

When i click on the link for the pattern it says 'URL not found'. I absolutely love the look of this and would love to make one. Can I find the pattern somewhere else?

Hi Krista-

The link should be fixed now.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

3. Mar says:

HI
    Can you recommend a cashmere you carry that will eliminate the use of the Haiku?
    Allergic to Haiku

Hello Mar.
    If you would like to do this in just cashmere, you can work the entire hat with two strands of 2-Ply held together. I've actually done a version just like this and LOVE it.
    -Laura

5. Dianne says:

If I were to knit the whole hat with two strands of the 2-ply cashmere, would I be able to complete it with only one skein? Thank you for your amazing patterns!

Hi Dianne,
    Sadly, I think you'll need a second skein, I have done a version like that and am always hopeful I'll be able to eek it out with just one, but I always dip into the second. If you make the hat less slouchy, it might would with just one! Depends on the look you're going for.
    Laura

7. Viviane says:

Hi
    I would love to make this in another color, maybe grayish… Could you recommend some color combinations (for both yarns)?
    Thanks a lot,