Needlepoint iPhone Cases

September is always teeming with gifts to give: another cousin headed off to college, a friend to thank for watering my cactus while I've been away, a birthday to celebrate in a family strangely full of autumn birthdays. I always want to give each and every one of these people a thoughtful handmade token, but with so many gifts to make, time is certainly of the essence!

So with efficiency in mind, I used Leese Design's iPhone Cases to stitch up this classic pair of Needlepoint iPhone Cases. They make the perfect last minute gift that college-bound cousins and little brothers will love just as much as that cactus-caretaking friend!

The Herringbone Corduroy Case is a real shape shifter. I can easily picture everyone from my dad to my best friend to my niece loving the tonal grays and classic pattern that lend this case a bit of sophistication without ruining the fun.

And this yellow Scotch Stitch Case is sure to brighten the pocket (and the day!) of anyone who receives it. Its bright colors and graphic simplicity give this case a cheeky boldness and a sunny disposition, just right for a birthday!

Last fall I made these bright and cheery Cross-Stitched iPhone Cases. I still love the cross-stitched cases, but stitching them up is a real time commitment! The new cases, with their larger needlepoint stitches, can be finished in a just day or two, making my September a whole lot easier! -Erin

Note

For good solid coverage, I used all 6 plies of the DMC floss.

A detailed tutorial for the Herringbone Corduroy Stitch can be found here, and for the Scotch Stitch, here.

Also, for the ambitious stitchers out there, Laura’s Fancy Needlepoint Stitch from the New Year’s Eve Clutch would also make a beautiful iPhone case. That tutorial can be found here.

7 Responses to Needlepoint iPhone Cases

1. Jessica says:

These are amazing! So sweet. I have a cousin and about 5 friends already in mind to give these to. Looks like something you could just zone out and do in front of Netflix :)

Beautiful blog too—thanks!

2. Monika says:

Hello, these are fantastic,love stitching and cross stitch, i do have an iphone4, but now i have iphone5, would u consider doing the same for iphone5. also where are you shipping from and to..i am from Australia. thanks so much for sharing. Monika.

Hi Monika-

We don't actually manufacture these iphone cases, we just sell them. But as soon as they make one for the iphone 5 we will definitely be ordering it!

We ship from California and our retail store in in New York City.

Thanks so much for writing in!

4. kate says:

Hi,
    Do you make Samsung cases?

Hi Kate-

Unfortunately we haven't found any cases like this for non-iPhones so we don't carry them.

Thanks for writing in!

6. Martha says:

I realise it's a cop out, but do you sell these already stitched? Or do you know where I could find similar ones?

Hi Martha-

We don't sell any of our finished projects and I'm not sure where you could buy a similar one. Buy if you'd like to have one custom stitched for you please call our store and they might be able to put you in touch with someone. 212-420-8796