New Colors of Super Soft Merino!

Our incredibly cozy Super Soft Merino was born as a collection of twelve beautiful colors, a balance of wildflower brights and classic neutrals. But if you adore color (and we do!), our original palette was just a beginning, which is why we're so excited to welcome nine gorgeous new colors to the Super Soft Merino family!

We've added a wide spectrum of beauties, inspired by nature and what we love: Dragonfly, a heart-racing blue, and Pale Stone, a cool, calm neutral; the soft and delicate Ballet Pink and the moody Storm Gray; the crisp breath of Ice Blue and the gentle sigh of Sea Salt; plus a trio of deep, earthy tones: Terra Green, Otter Brown, and Dark Loam.

More colors means more fun! Nothing makes us happier than shuffling around skeins of yarn until we hit upon a special combination that strikes a resonant chord. And one of our favorite riffs is the Super Easy Crib Blanket, a garter stitch rectangle made up of a series of seven colors in a simple progression. With the right notes, it sings the perfect tune!

Our original Super Easy Crib Blanket is a sweet confection whose palette we call Macaroon. We're so into this blanket's plush warmth and quick 2 3/4-stitches-to-the-inch, that we're knitting up five more! You can knit right along with us, just grab your favorite Super Soft Merino Super Easy Crib Blanket kit and cast on!

One of our favorites is sure to be the Cameo blanket. Its quiet colors, shown above, evoke a vintage mood of hand-tatted lace and soft leather gloves. These colors, from the top, are Toasted Charcoal, Storm Gray, Oyster Gray, Pale Stone, Sea Salt, Heirloom White and Ballet Pink.

Or choose one of our other palettes, shown clockwise from the top left: Pennant, Atmosphere, Bandana and Firefly. Each one plays to its own rhythm. Syncopated, lyrical or metered, pick the one that sings to you right here! And to view our new collection of Super Soft Merino just click here!

7 Responses to New Colors of Super Soft Merino!

1. Julie says:

Those colors are delicious! Makes me want to pull out my knitting needles!

2. Greg says:

What great additions! Lookin' good.

3. nina says:

I love each and every pattern you guys put out!!!
    They are simple yet elegant and absolutely beautiful.
    I have done many of them and have so many compliments, I can't begin to tell you how many.
    My favorite (and I thought I would hate making it!!) was the Pixie blanket, which I made out of some great thick thin cotton yarn I got while traveling in Argentina. Professional photographers have been using them for baby pictures since it has such great texture.
    Coming to NYC this week.. You bet I will try to make time to stop in and say Hi..
    Love this blog!!!!
    Gonna buy this yarn for this blanket!!! Can't wait!

4. Jane says:

Absolutely Love the new colors!

If I wanted to size this up a bit for a small throw, could I just add a few more colors or would you recommend keeping the palette at 7 colors and doubling up on the skeins?

5. Lana says:

such beautiful colors, I like them very much!

Hi Jane,

Either way! If you add a few more colors and cast on more stitches, you'd, of course, end up with thinner stripes and more of them. And if you double up the skeins and cast on more stitches, you'd end up with 7 thicker stripes. To see how this looks, check out our Super Easy Lap Blanket right here: http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2013/1/6/whits-knits-super-easy-lap-blanket.html

Please let us know if you have any other questions and thanks for this great one!

Whitney

7. Jane says:

Thanks! I'm going to try more stripes. So many gorgeous colors to choose from!