Our budding collection of Purl Soho yarn is growing… Introducing our latest inspiration, Worsted Twist! Worsted Twist pays homage to a classic 2-ply farm yarn with its straightforward earthiness and deep sophistication. Spun in one hundred percent of the softest merino wool you can imagine, our newest yarn is so fresh and simple that all of our fall ideas start here!
Its smooth finish makes Worsted Twist a fabulous choice for interesting stitch patterns, and its amazing softness makes it just right for everything that you wear close: cowls, scarves, hats, mittens, sweaters, and blankets. Choose from a palette of moody blues and evocative neutrals, animated by pops of our favorite brights.
Worsted Twist’s timeless look and toasty touch reminded us immediately of our favorite sweater from college. Remember it? The one that kept you cozy at bonfires and football games, on autumn walks and winter adventures? The Purl Soho Pullover is that sweater… only better: classic, comfy and totally beautiful!
With ingenious shoulder shaping and simple design details, The Purl Soho Pullover is a super fun and quick knit. Joelle actually whipped up the prototype in one trans-Atlantic flight! It is knit in one easy piece and is sized for everyone with sizes Child’s 2 (4, 6, 8, 10, 12/Women’s XS, S, M, L/Men’s S, Women’s 1XL/Men’s M, Women’s 2XL/Men’s L).
Pick up the Purl Soho Pullover pattern and get ready for autumn’s first frost! And browse our whole gorgeous collection of Worsted Twist. From gentle Sea Salt and Ballet Pink to rich Peacock Blue and Dark Loam, we can’t wait to find out your favorites!
In addition to a Purl Soho Pullover pattern, you’ll need…
- 3 (4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10) skeins for Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, 100% Merino Wool
- A US size #8, 20-inch to 32-inch circular needle for body of sweater
- A US size #8, 16-inch circular needle for neck of sweater
- A set of US size #8, double pointed needles or 12-inch circular needle for sleeves
- A US #7, 16-inch circular needle for neck of sweater
- Removable stitch markers (including 1 in contrasting color)
- Stitch holders of scrap yarn
4 1/4 stitches = 1 inch in stockinette stitch, using larger needle
Child’s 2 (4, 6, 8, 10, 12/Woman’s XSmall, Woman’s Small, Woman’s Medium, Woman’s Large/Man’s Small, Woman’s 1X-Large/Men’s Medium, Woman’s 2X-Large/Man’s Large)
- Finished Chest Circumference: 20 1/4 (22, 24, 26 1/4, 28 1/4, 30, 32, 36 1/4, 40, 44 1/4, 48) inches
- Finished Length from Shoulder to Bottom Edge: 16 1/2 (17 1/2, 19, 20, 21 1/2, 22 1/2, 26, 26, 28, 28 1/2, 28 1/2) inches
- Finished Length from Underarm to Bottom Edge: 10 3/4 (10 3/4, 12, 12 3/4, 14 1/4, 14 3/4, 17 1/2, 16 3/4, 18 1/2, 18 1/2, 17) inches
The Purl Soho Pullover pattern is available for purchase as a hard copy or download!
March 2014: The Purl Soho Pullover in Alpaca Pure
The Purl Soho Pullover is also beautiful in our gorgeous Alpaca Pure yarn! Alpaca Pure knits up at the same gauge as our Worsted Twist, but its unique qualities create a significantly different sweater. Alpaca, with its long fibers, is slightly downier than merino. It is also heavier and denser than merino, which means a super cozy Pullover with a drape like a warm waterfall. But a little goes a long way. For a child, the weight of an Alpaca Pure sweater feels snug and comfy, but for adults it might be a little much (stick with the Worsted Twist!).