The Purl Soho Pullover in Purl Soho’s NEW Worsted Twist!
Our budding collection of Purl Soho yarn is growing... Introducing our latest inspiration, Worsted Twist! Worsted Twist pays homage to a classic 2 ply farm yarn with its straightforward earthiness and deep sophistication. Spun in one hundred percent of the softest merino wool you can imagine, our newest yarn is so fresh and simple that all of our fall ideas start here!
Its smooth finish makes Worsted Twist a fabulous choice for interesting stitch patterns, and its amazing softness makes it just right for everything that you wear close: cowls, scarves, hats, mittens, sweaters, and blankets. Choose from a palette of moody blues and evocative neutrals, animated by pops of our favorite brights.
Worsted Twist's timeless look and toasty touch reminded us immediately of our favorite sweater from college. Remember it? The one that kept you cozy at bonfires and football games, on autumn walks and winter adventures? The Purl Soho Pullover is that sweater... only better: classic, comfy and totally beautiful!
With ingenious shoulder shaping and simple design details, The Purl Soho Pullover is a super fun and quick knit. Joelle actually whipped up the prototype in one trans-Atlantic flight! It is knit in one easy piece and is sized for everyone with sizes Child's 2 (4, 6, 8, 10, 12/Women's XS, S, M, L/Men's S, Women's 1XL/Men's M, Women's 2XL/Men's L). The finished chest measurement for these sizes is 20 1/4 (22, 24, 26 2/4, 28 1/4, 30, 32, 36 1/4, 40, 44 1/4, 48) inches.
Pick up The Purl Soho Pullover Pattern here and get ready for autumn's first frost! And browse our whole gorgeous collection of Worsted Twist right here. From gentle Sea Salt and Ballet Pink to rich Peacock Blue and Dark Loam, we can't wait to find out your favorites! ps- Below is all the info on sizing and yarn amounts!
- 3 (4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10) skeins for Purl Soho's Worsted Twist, 100% Merino Wool
- A US size #8, 20-inch to 32-inch circular needle for body of sweater
- A US size #8, 16-inch circular needle for neck of sweater
- A set of US size #8, double pointed needles or 12-inch circular needle for sleeves
- A US #7, 16-inch circular needle for neck of sweater
- Removable stitch markers (including 1 in contrasting color)
- Stitch holders of scrap yarn
- A Purl Soho Pullover Pattern
4 1/4 stitches = 1 inch in stockinette stitch, using larger needle
For Child's 2 (4, 6, 8, 10, 12/Woman's XSmall, Woman's Small, Woman's Medium, Woman's Large/Man's Small, Woman's 1X-Large/Men's Medium, Woman's 2X-Large/Man's Large)...
- Finished Chest Circumference: 20 1/4 (22, 24, 26 1/4, 28 1/4, 30, 32, 36 1/4, 40, 44 1/4, 48) inches
- Finished Length from Shoulder to Bottom Edge: 16 1/2 (17 1/2, 19, 20, 21 1/2, 22 1/2, 26, 26, 28, 28 1/2, 28 1/2) inches
- Finished Length from Underarm to Bottom Edge: 10 3/4 (10 3/4, 12, 12 3/4, 14 1/4, 14 3/4, 17 1/2, 16 3/4, 18 1/2, 18 1/2, 17) inches
Update: March 2014
The Purl Soho Pullover in Alpaca Pure
The Purl Soho Pullover is also beautiful in our gorgeous Alpaca Pure yarn! Alpaca Pure knits up at the same gauge as our Worsted Twist, but its unique qualities create a significantly different sweater. Alpaca, with its long fibers, is slightly downier than merino. It is also heavier and denser than merino, which means a super cozy Pullover with a drape like a warm waterfall. But a little goes a long way. For a child, the weight of an Alpaca Pure sweater feels snug and comfy, but for adults it might be a little much (stick with the Worsted Twist!).
To make The Purl Soho Pullover in Alpaca Pure for kids' sizes 2 (4, 6, 8, 10) you'll need...
- 5 (6, 6, 7, 8) skeins of Purl Soho's Alpaca Pure, 100% alpaca. (We used the color Ballet Pink.)
- A US #7, 20 or 24-inch circular needle for body of sweater
- A US #7, 16-inch circular needle for last two rounds of neck
- A US #7, double pointed needles or 12-inch circular needle for sleeves
- A US #6, 16-inch circular needle for neck
- Removable stitch markers (including one in a contrasting color)
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- A Purl Soho Pullover Pattern
The gauge of the Alpaca Pure version is exactly the same as for the Worsted Twist version (although on a smaller size needle), which means the pattern is exactly the same too! For the full story (and more inspiring photos) click right here!