Lovely Ribbed Cowl in Worsted Twist

Our Lovely Ribbed Cowl just got lovelier! Knit up in Purl Soho's Worsted Twist, this wonderfully uncomplicated cowl is the perfect stage for our newest yarn. Worsted Twist is a gorgeous 100% merino wool that knits up with crisp definition and classic simplicity. Plus, it's incredibly soft and cozy, just what you need in a cold autumn breeze!

With the same easy-as-pie pattern as the original, this is a great project for beginners; for people who are a little rusty after a summer of gardening instead of knitting; and even for die-hard knitters who love a mental break! To choose the color that's just right for you, browse our entire collection of Worsted Twist right here. And for the Lovely Ribbed Cowl pattern click right here!

11 Responses to Lovely Ribbed Cowl in Worsted Twist

1. sharon kelley says:

Would love to see something done in crochet in this yarn… looks like lovely yarn!

2. Sally says:

I really want to make this…

3. Millie says:

This is just what I've been looking for! If I wanted to make this for my 6yr old, how should I decide what the circumference measurement should be, instead of the 18"?

Hi Millie-

We think 16" in circumference should do the trick. Cast on 136sts and work the pattern the same.

5. Annhb says:

Love this pattern! Is the gauge correct, 8.5 stitches per inch?

6. GG says:

I am so happy I found this post! I am in love and half way done!

7. Julie Tremain says:

This is another stunningly beautiful project….simple, classic and I can't wait to make several! Love the colors of your new worsted yarn!
    Julie

Hi Annhb-

Yes, the gauge is correct but please note that the gauge is in the rib pattern unstretched.

9. Lyn George says:

Hi I love your site and the interesting things you display. I live in Australia and wondering what a skein is equal to in grams. For me to knit this with merino wool.
    Many thanks and keep up the great web site. Regards Lyn

10. Sue Kennedy@cinci.rr.com says:

I would love ro purchase pattern and enough material for at leasf one to get strarted. We have a group of seven that I need a gift for "christmas.

Thanks, Sue