I love to knit objects that are direct and unfussy and that I can accomplish no matter how many times I am distracted by my busy schedule. Designed to be worked up in our new Worsted Twist, a classic, plied yarn in 100% incredibly soft merino, this pattern is my new project of choice.
The Basic Hats for Everyone Pattern is definitely a desert-island choice, the kind of pattern that you turn to again and again, year after year. It covers four hat styles: rolled brim, garter stitch brim, ribbed brim and ear flap; and is sized to fit just about everyone: babies, uncles and grandmas!
Since these hats are, in fact, so basic, they’re ripe for personal touches: pom poms, stripes, tassels, duplicate stitch designs, you name it. Super simple with the opportunity to customize? Think this season’s perfect hand knit gift, and whip up a stack for everyone you know!
Here are all the pertinents… And happy knitting! -Joelle
You will need…
- 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, 100% merino. (NOTE: For a Man’s Ear Flap Hat you will need 2 skeins.)
- US #7, 16-inch circular needle (or size required to achieve gauge)
- US #7 double pointed needles (or size required to achieve gauge)
- 5 stitches = 1 inch in stockinette stitch
Baby (Child, Woman, Man)
- 14 (16, 18, 20) inches in circumference