The arrival of Purl Soho’s latest yarn, Line Weight, has inspired a fresh crop of beautiful knits, starting with the Purl Soho Reversible Hat! With its doubled up design, this hat takes full advantage of the soft ephemerality of Line Weight. Where one layer might not block a bitter chill, two are just right!
And two-hats-in-one means that the Reversible Hat changes as easily as your mood. Feeling Super Pink on Saturday and Heirloom White on Sunday? Or Dragonfly Blue in the morning and Peacock Blue at night? Flip it around and let your hat be the color of your spirit!
The Purl Soho Reversible Hat owes its elegance to the pared-down beauty of our new Line Weight. A single ply filament of 100% sumptuously soft merino wool, Line Weight is as simple as breath. It emits a subtle and beautiful glow that makes this hat truly special.
- 2 skeins of Purl Soho’s Line Weight, 100% merino wool. We used Heirloom White + Super Pink; and Dragonfly Blue + Peacock Blue.
- A set of US #3 double pointed needles (all sizes)
- A US #3, 16-inch circular needle (for Women’s and Men’s sizes only)
- Stitch markers (or scrap yarn)
- A Purl Soho Reversible Hat Pattern, available as a hard copy or PDF download
For some additional color combinations…
Try pairing Ballet Pink + Oyster Gray or Storm Gray + Charcoal!
7 3/4 stitches = 1 inch in stockinette stitch
Baby (Toddler, Kid, Women’s, Men’s)
- Finished Circumference: 12 3/4 (14, 16 1/4, 18 1/2 , 21) inches
- Finished Height: 7 (7 3/4, 8 1/2, 9 1/4, 10) inches
In February 2015, Whitney made a Reversible Cowl inspired by this hat and constructed in much the same way! Check out the full pattern more beautiful photographs of this glowing color combination: Black Green + Green Turquoise.