The arrival of Purl Soho's latest yarn, Line Weight, has inspired a fresh crop of beautiful knits, starting with the Purl Soho Reversible Hat! With its doubled up design, this hat takes full advantage of the soft ephemerality of Line Weight. Where one layer might not block a bitter chill, two are just right!
And two-hats-in-one means that the Reversible Hat changes as easily as your mood. Feeling Super Pink on Saturday and Heirloom White on Sunday? Or Dragonfly Blue in the morning and Peacock Blue at night? Flip it around and let your hat be the color of your spirit!
The Purl Soho Reversible Hat owes its elegance to the pared-down beauty of our new Line Weight. A single ply filament of 100% sumptuously soft merino wool, Line Weight is as simple as breath. It emits a subtle and beautiful glow that makes this hat truly special.
Choose your own two colors from our palette of classic naturals, suggestive blues and cheerful brights; or pick up a Yarn for Purl Soho Reversible Hat kit which includes two skeins of Line Weight in four beautiful colorways. Here's everything you need to know to get started...
To browse Purl Soho's new Line Weight click right here.
To pick up just the Purl Soho Reversible Hat Pattern or to choose a Yarn for Purl Soho Reversible Hat kit (with or without the pattern) just click here. The yarn kit includes...
- Optional: A full-color step-by-step Purl Soho Reversible Hat Pattern
- 2 skeins of Purl Soho’s Line Weight, 100% merino wool, available in four color combinations:
- Heirloom White and Super Pink
- Peacock Blue and Dragonfly Blue
- Toasted Charcoal and Storm Gray
- Oyster Gray and Ballet Pink
You'll also need...
- A set of US #3 double pointed needles (all sizes)
- A US #3, 16-inch circular needle (for Women’s and Men’s sizes only)
- Stitch markers (or scrap yarn)
Some critical details...
7 3/4 stitches = 1 inch in stockinette stitch
Baby (Toddler, Kid, Women's, Men's)
- Finished Circumference: 12 3/4 (14, 16 1/4, 18 1/2 , 21) inches
- Finished Height: 7 (7 3/4, 8 1/2, 9 1/4, 10) inches
And be sure to stay tuned for more Line Weight inspiration, just in time for the best knitting of the year, fall! -Whitney