The Purl Soho Pup

purl-soho-pup-600-2 copy

Turning a pile of fabric and stuffing into a lovable toy animal feels a bit like magic. In fact, when I was a kid I firmly believed that my own bunnies, bears and dogs came to life after I went to sleep. And even now as an adult, whenever I sew a plush creature, I can’t help but feel the thrill of new life. There is something about the last steps of stuffing a new animal and stitching its face that feels more like sprinkling fairy dust than sewing!

purl-soho-pup-600-13 copy

Creating the Purl Soho Pup was especially enchanting. With its take-me-home face, you can’t help but love this whimsically hot-doggy pup! Standing 8 1/2 inches tall and stretching 17 inches long our Pup is thoughtfully designed to stand up on its own four legs without sacrificing cuddle-bility to do it. We made our doggies out of Dorr Mill’s soft and huggable Wool Yardage and accented the paws and ears with a splash of Kokka’s handsome Large Gingham and Liberty of London’s pretty Tana Lawn.

The Purl Soho Pup is not difficult to sew, but it does take time and attention, so it’s a great project if you want a bit of a challenge with a big payoff! Everything you need to make one of your own, from the fabric to the stuffing, is in our Purl Soho Pup Kit right here… Just add your own fairy dust! --Molly

purl-soho-pup-600-1 copy

P.S. Already have materials? Buy just the Purl Soho Pup Pattern, as a downloadable PDF or a hardcopy, here!

purl-soho-pup-600-7 copy

11 Responses to The Purl Soho Pup

1. vicki says:

Adorable!
    Vicki

2. Ina + Pokey says:

Molly … is he a mini or a standard Dachshund … Pokey likes it either size … but he would like to know!!! HI paw!!!

3. So cute.. :-)
    Paola – Italy

Hi There Ina-

Great question. Please let Pokey know that this pup is 17-inches long and 8 1/2-inches high (at the highest point.) I think that makes him standard size!

5. Leah says:

These are SO CUTE! I have several baby showers coming up and these would be perfect. Thank you Molly!

6. Heather says:

I think these pups are just lovely. PLEASE may they have some 'matching' kitten friends to play with??

Hi Heather-

Stay tuned… we might have some kittens coming up in the near future!

Thanks for getting in touch!

8. Heather says:

Hi Molly – I keep coming back to check for kittens!! Thanks for making me smile all the way over in sunny Oxfordshire, in England. Maybe it will be days or even weeks I have to wait, and not just hours. Thanks for all the wonderful projects you have already done. Kind regards, Heather

9. Ramona says:

LOVE these.

10. Anne says:

Question on Molly – if I purchase the download for the pattern can I download immediately or does it need to ship to me?

Hi Anne-

You can download it immediately after checkout.

Thanks so much for your question and good luck with the project!