Looking for a quick sewing project that packs a colorful punch? Our new Super Easy Sewn Blanket for Beginners is it! Based on our always-popular knitted Super Easy Blanket, this sewn version captures the same modern elegance in six simple stripes.
Everything you need to get started is neatly packaged in our new Super Easy Sewn Blanket for Beginners kit! Most importantly, you’ll find a full-color instructional booklet, which walks you through every step of the blanket-making process, from simple rotary cutting and piecing to pin basting and machine stitching. So even if you’re new to sewing, this blanket stays true to its name: super easy!
The Super Easy Sewn Blanket for Beginners kit comes in six beautiful colorways, shown clockwise above: Atmosphere, Orangesicle, Sprout, Sunny Day, Cameo and Macaron, and includes these materials to make one 40 x 44-inch blanket…
- Fabric for the Blanket Top: six ¼-yard pieces of solid colored fabrics in six colors
- Fabric for the Backing: one 1 ½-yard piece of Kona Cotton in Natural
- Wool batting
- A spool of 100% cotton thread
- A hand sewing needle
- Curved basting pin
- Two Shout “Color Catchers” for prewashing bright colors
- A full-color Super Easy Sewn Blanket pattern
We also recommend the following tools for precise cuts and easy seams . . .
Happy (super easy) sewing! - Corinne
P.S. To view all of our Super Easy Blankets, just click here!