Classes + Events< Click here to view all upcoming events
1 Sessions / 4 Hours, $100
Sunday, September 14th
A short and sweet introduction to hand sewing for traditional patchwork quilts in two lessons. Students need no previous hand sewing experience, and will make several quilt blocks in class – the beginnings of a larger quilt or enough to make a small patchwork pillow. Skills covered: Hand Quilting Basics Pattern Drafting, Template Making, and Tips for Sewing Quilt Blocks Together.
Instructor: Cassandra Thoreson
- 3-6 fat quarters of quilt weight cotton fabric. Using a spectrum bundle of fat quarters would make the lovely start to a larger quilt top.
- John James’s Milliner Size 10 Needles
- Gutermann’s Cotton Thread (110 yards) in a neutral color
- EZ Quilting by Wright’s Thin Template Plastic
- Sharp fabric scissors (Clover’s Patchwork Scissors or Gingher’s 8 Inches Knife Edge Dressmaker’s Shears)
- Clover’s Patchwork Pins 232
- Clover’s Mechanical Pencil
To Sign Up…
Please call the shop at 212-420-8796 during store hours (12-6 Sat-Sun; 12-7 Mon-Fri, eastern time) or come sign up in person!
We do require payment to reserve your place in the class. We accept all major credit cards and Purl Soho Gift Cards over the phone or in person. Cash payments must be made in person. As soon as we process your payment, you will be officially enrolled!
For further information on our classes, please see our Class FAQs!