Classes + Events< Click here to view all upcoming events
1 Sessions / 4 Hours, $1oo
Saturday, October 4th
A one day, intensive workshop on the basics and finer points of hand quilting. Hand quilting is the method of sewing together the three layers of a quilt (the backing, the batting, and the top) in patterns of hand sewn stitches. Hand quilting holds the three layers of a quilt together, but also adds so much more. Design, texture and dimension are added to the quilt during quilting.
Instructor: Cassandra Thoreson
- Quilter’s Dream’s Cotton Request Weight Batting in Craft Size (36×46 inches)
- John James’s Big Eye Quilting Size 10 Needles
- Gutermann’s Hand Quilting Thread (in a color to match or contrast with your fabric)
- Two fat quarters or one 1/2 yard of quilt weight fabric (*one should be low-contrast so you can see you quilting stitches)
- Gingher’s Knife Edge Craft Scissors – 5 Inches
- Frank Edmund’s Quilting Hoop – 12 Inches
- Clover’s Hera marker
To Sign Up…
Please call the shop at 212-420-8796 during store hours (12-6 Sat-Sun; 12-7 Mon-Fri, eastern time) or come sign up in person!
We do require payment to reserve your place in the class. We accept all major credit cards and Purl Soho Gift Cards over the phone or in person. Cash payments must be made in person. As soon as we process your payment, you will be officially enrolled!
For further information on our classes, please see our Class FAQs!