For this Amazing Seed Stitch Wrap we dipped our brush into eleven buckets of the most beautifully pigmented paints we could imagine. With wide brushstrokes we created great swathes of color, fields of undulating tones and extraordinary luminosity.
To swing this wrap around your shoulders is to envelop yourself in the pure beauty of knitting. It is our ode to the greatest natural fibers in the world, our homage to the joy of hand dyed color and to the fascination of a textural adventure.
Our wrap's journey starts with outrageous hot pink, travels through meadows of gentle roses to a soft creamy horizon, into the beguiling world of jade greens, through crystal clear Aegean blues, and finishes in the deep mystery of twilight. Along the way, you meet Jade Sapphire's extraordinary 8 Ply Cashmere, Anzula's For Better or Worsted, and Blue Sky's cuddly soft Suri Merino.
Want to take the same trip? We've assembled all eleven of these skeins together in one easy place. Click right here to check it out! Or if you'd like to try our 100% merino version, just click here for the Worsted Twist Seed Stitch Wrap. It uses nine skeins of Purl Soho's beautiful Worsted Twist!
Get started right here!
- 11 skeins of worsted weight yarn (or approximately 1700 yards)
If you'd like get all eleven of these skeins, then you'll just need one Yarn to Complete the Amazing Seed Stitch Wrap kit! Here's what's included, from the top:
- Jade Sapphire's 8 ply Cashmere in the color Pink Panther
- Anzula's For Better or Worsted in the color Hyacinth
- Jade Sapphire's 8 ply Cashmere in the color Pinksicle
- Anzula's For Better or Worsted in the color Mauve
- Blue Sky's Suri Merino in color Snow
- Anzula's For Better or Worsted in the color Country Green
- Jade Sapphire's 8 ply Cashmere in the color Malachite
- Anzula's For Better or Worsted in the color Denim
- Anzula's For Better or Worsted in the color Heidi
- Jade Sapphire's 8 ply Cashmere in the color Deep Denim
- Blue Sky's Suri Merino in the color Twilight
5 stitches = 1 inch in seed stitch
24 x 78 inches
The color order is pictured and listed above in The Materials section.
With the first color, cast on 109 stitches.
Row 1: *K1, p1, repeat from * to last stitch, k1.
Repeat Row 1 for each row until end of skein.
Change to the second color at the beginning of the next row and repeat Row 1 until end of skein.
Repeat with each color, making sure to always change colors on the same side.
When you are nearly finished with the eleventh skein, bind off in pattern.
Weave in the ends and you're finished!