The trees haven’t even bloomed yet, and my spring calendar is full: a trip to visit friends who just bought their first house in Madison, Wisconsin, two weddings here in New York, an open invitation to a friend’s backyard on the Jersey shore, and a Mother's Day brunch in May. These are all good things, but as the invites pile up, so does the daunting task of finding just the right gift for house warmings, weddings, hostesses, and dear mom!
- A Mariposa Felt Bundle, 100% wool felt.
- ¼ yard of Robert Kaufman’s Essex Yarn Dyed, 45% cotton and 55% linen. This color is Flax.
- Gutermann’s 100% Cotton Thread in color 3170.
- Clover’s Chaco Pen with Eraser
- Unique Stitch Adhesive
- Petal Templates, printed and cut out, They are available for free download here.
- A selection of dried herbs, flowers and spices for filling. I used mixtures of orange peel, lavender, rose petals and buckwheat hulls that I got from this great site.
Cutting and Coordinating Colors
Stitching the Flower
Sewing the Squares
Filling and Finishing
Turn the sachet right side out through the small opening. Fill with your choice of scent. I used a combination of orange peel, lavender, rose petals and buckwheat hulls. For nice, soft sachets, be careeful not to overfill them. They should feel substantial but not too hard or plump.