It’s become more than evident to me that I cannot get enough of 1) neutrals and 2) cowls. First came the White Caps Cowl, a play of textures in soft creams; next the Shawl Collar Cowl, like a folded cloud; then the Salt + Pepper Cowl, a blend of crisp heathery fibers; and now, the latest addition to this mini-collection, the Ombre Cowl!
This Ombre Cowl explores the complexity of subtle shifts in shade and texture by combining three yarns of differing weights and fibers. Jade Sapphire’s sumptuous Zageo 6 Ply Cashmere starts the journey and grounds the bottom edge, while Madeline Tosh’s hand dyed Tosh Merino Light dominates the middle section, and floating along the top is Alchemy’s Haiku, a weightless silk and mohair blend.
In a gently rippling slip stitch pattern, these three fibers flow into one another with such harmony and grace that my love of neutrals (and cowls!) may be just beginning!
- 1 skein of Zageo 6 Ply Cashmere in Sterling
- 1 skein of Tosh Merino Light in Silver Fox
- 1 skein of Haiku in Platinum
- 1 skein of Zageo 6 Ply Cashmere in Blue Steel
- 1 skein of Tosh Merino Light in Dr. Zhivago’s Sky
- 1 skein of Haiku in Cornflower Blue
- 1 skein of Zageo 6 Ply Cashmere in Driftwood
- 1 skein of Tosh Merino Light in Antique Lace
- 1 skein of Haiku in Husk
- US #8, 16-inch circular needles
- US #6, 16-inch circular needles
- US #4, 16-inch circular needles
- Slip all slipped stitches purlwise with yarn in back.
- For assistance with knitting stripes in the round, please visit our tutorial right here.
- All shaping is accomplished with needle size changes. No decreasing in pattern.